Saturday, May 23, 2015

Toying with getting a personal trainer

Got a personal trainer?
Having put less effort into my exercise "regime" recently, I've been considering searching for a personal trainer to help motivate me. But where to start looking? How much will it cost? Will it be worth it?

A personal trainer would, in theory, create a specific exercise programme tailored to my needs that would help me get the most out of the time I spend exercising at the gym, at home, or out in the fresh air. Some would also give dietary advice and other lifestyle guidance.

Having researched a bit, I've discovered that some personal trainers ("PTs") will come to your house, rather than being based in the gym. I like this idea as it's more flexible for people like me with a young family.

A friend of mine recently had a one-off session with a PT and said he worked her much harder than she would ever do herself in the gym. She's made a commitment to go back several times a week and always sees him there, so has to do her entire routine!

I know that using resistance training is important for women, to keep our bones strong as we get older, so I'm also hoping for some guidance on weights to make sure my technique is correct.

But how do I find a PT to suit my needs? The most common way is through a local gym or fitness centre, which usually offers personal training packages for an extra charge on top of membership fees. Luckily, not every gym requires people to be a member to use their personal training services.

Word-of-mouth is another way to find a PT, or looking in local papers, directories or online.

Now it's been well over two years since I had major abdominal surgery (a caesarean) my excuses are wearing thin and I'm going to search for a PT to get me on the right track to my pre-childbearing level of fitness.

Kate Richards

4 comments:

  1. Recent studies have shown that being sedentary is as dangerous for your health as smoking. We all understand how bad smoking can be for us, but we now know that inactivity can be just as bad for your health. The fitness program that is right for you is the one that you love to do.HTTP://FLEXXLABS.COM/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting personal trainer will definitely help you in that matter. I did the same when I just do workouts every time I am on my mood and not getting any results. That's the time I hire a personal trainer and it really helps.

    best anabolic supplements

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personal Training for Back Pain Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete